Rantalainen SFTP service offers a secure way to share bookkeeping and payroll materials with your accountant and payroll clerk. This article will show you the key functionalities of Rantalainen SFTP Web Client.
- Logging in to Rantalainen SFTP Web Client
- Changing the password
- Uploading files and folders
- Editing files and folders
- Logging out
Logging in to Rantalainen SFTP Web Client
Log in to Rantalainen SFTP Web Client at https://sftp.rantalainen.fi/ with the username and password you have received from Rantalainen.
Changing the password
To change your password, follow these steps:
2. Press the Change Password button.
3. A prompt will appear in which you first enter the old password and then the new password twice. The password must be at least 8 characters long and contain at least one letter and one number.
4. Accept the password change with the Change Password button.
From the same page, you can also enable two-factor authentication, which increases the security of the service.
Uploading files and folders
The files and folders stored in the SFTP service are shared with you and your accountant and payroll clerk.
To add new files and folders, follow these steps:
1. Press the + Add Files... button and select one or more files from your computer. To upload an entire folder of files, press the + Add Folder... button and select the desired folder on your computer. Alternatively, you can drag and drop files into the service.
2. The files are moved to the list to wait for upload.
3. Press the Start Upload button to send all the files at once, or you can send the files one by one using the Start button. You can cancel the sending of all files or an individual file with the Cancel button.
4. When the files and folders have been successfully uploaded, you will receive a notification like the one below.
Editing files and folders
Files and folders uploaded to the service can be edited as needed.
Select the file and right-click on it. A context menu opens with functions such as: new folder, delete, rename, and refresh. If the functions are not active, first select the file with the left mouse button and then try again.
The corresponding functions are also above the folders.
When you are done and want to logout, click the Profile icon in the top-right corner of the window and select the Logout button.