This article will show you how to set up two-factor authentication for your user account in Rantalainen SFTP.
1. Download the authenticator app of your choice. For example, we recommend Google Authenticator or Authy apps.
3. Press the Enable 2 Factor button.
4. A prompt will appear to inform you about what enabling two factor authentication means and to ask you if you wish to continue. Press the Enable button.
5. A QR code will appear that you can use to enable two factor authentication in a supported authenticator app. Using your authenticator app, scan the QR code from the account page or enter the key code manually into your authenticator app.
6. Your authenticator app should now display a six-digit one-time code. Enter your code in the test box and press the Verify button to verify your setup and activate two-factor authentication.
7. Two-factor authentication is now enabled! From now on, when you sign into Rantalainen SFTP web client it will ask you for your 6-digit authentication code. Simply open your authenticator app to find the code.
The most common reason for the two-factor authentication not working correctly is that the clock on your phone is inaccurate. Ensure that your phone clock is synced to your computer.